” The real act of discovery lies not in finding new lands, but in seeing with a new set of eyes.” Proust
Spring has arrived and for most of us it brings a time for new adventures and activities. We will check to see what new programs are being offered at our gym or local fitness center; we will update our wardrobe; do spring cleaning; purchase new colorful plants.
It is a time of new beginnings and reenergizing.
Many of us may try to new projects for the coming months. To Proust, the real act of finding something new lay right in our very environment. To him it was seeing with a new set of eyes.
How do we see with a new set of eyes?
How can we view our life from a different perspective?
1.How can you see yourself with a new set of eyes?
2 Look at yourself as if from the eyes of another. Anything there need to be changed?
3. Note how you speak or address others. Need to update your language?
4. Note what you eat. Is it healthy?
5. Are you truly honest with yourself about what you see?
6. How can you come to see work and your workplace with a new set of eyes?
7. What discoveries can you make about your workplace?
8. What opportunities exist for you at work?
9. What opportunities can you create at work?
10. If you have your own business, how can you start to see new opportunities or ventures?
11. Suspend old thoughts and ideas and pretend to be starting your business from scratch.
What do you discover?
Sometimes the new we need in our life is in clear view, while we are searching in the distance.
Reassess what you have. Use a new perspective for viewing. Make the change.
Have a great day.